Why Choose the Vantage Urologic Institute
The creation of the Vantage Urologic Institute was inspired by the veritable explosion of new scientific discoveries that are fueling hopes for better treatments and quicker cures as well as emerging trends in “personalized medicine” with focus on tailoring urologic treatment and disease management strategies to the individual characteristics of each patient.
Personalized urologic healthcare at the Vantage Urologic Institute is envisioned as healthcare that will utilize patient-specific characteristics as well as molecular markers and other gene-based information to understand each person’s individual requirements for the maintenance of their health, early diagnosis of disease, prognosis, and targeted therapy tailored to their individual uniqueness. Increasingly, it will give us the ability to move beyond practicing urology that works well for the majority of people the majority of the time, to practicing urology that is individualized for specific patients.
The Vantage Urologic Institute is located in the Medical Park at TimberRidge. The Institute encompasses a wide variety of specialized care for diseases of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. Featured services within the Institute include:
- A program of informed and shared decision making for risk assessment, prevention, and early detection of prostate cancer that minimizes overdetection and subsequent overtreatment of potentially insignificant cancer.
- A urologic oncology program that focuses on the diagnosis, disease stratification and tailored management strategies for prostate and bladder cancer with the goal of oncologic control while preservation of normal function.
- A structured active surveillance (delayed intervention) program for patients with low-risk prostate cancer who are concerned about the risks associated with overtreatment of indolent disease.
- A male sexual health program for the evaluation of erectile dysfunction and testosterone deficiency.
- A program for restoration of urinary control particularly directed to males with incontinence.
- A program for treatment of prostatic outflow obstruction through behavioral therapy, pharmaceutical management, and minimally invasive techniques including laser photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP), plasma vaporization of the prostate using the Olympus TURis system, Prolieve Thermodilation, UroLift, and Rezūm.
- A program for minimally invasive surgery, including robot-assisted laparoscopic surgery for the management of prostate, kidney and bladder cancer.
Patients choosing to have their care at the Vantage Urologic Institute can be certain they will receive prompt evaluation by our experienced and highly trained staff. Each patient will undergo a complete assessment, diagnostic evaluation and have a comprehensive treatment plan initiated at the conclusion of their initial visit. A detailed letter will be sent to each patient’s primary and/or referring physician(s) describing the patient’s encounter at the Institute.
Medicine has changed dramatically in recent years with technology playing an ever-more-important role. We strongly believe in the value of technical innovation because we have witnessed the benefits that our patients have experienced from these medical advances.
Since inception, we have dedicated ourselves in providing the most modern and innovative medical care available, but in a way that acknowledges traditional values important to total patient care. We strive to provide an atmosphere of mutual respect, consideration, and understanding. We make a special effort to explain everything to you in a language you can understand, regarding your condition and the treatment options available. If you ever have questions, or if something is not clear to you, please do not hesitate to ask. Equally important, is our ability to listen…to your questions, your concerns, and your special needs.
Vantage Urologic Institute is strongly committed to the team concept of patient health. Our physicians and our health care team work together in caring for you in our offices and in the hospital. All are equally concerned with your conditions and special needs. You may be seen by any one of our physicians, and you should think of each of them as your own personal physician. This approach allows all of our patients to benefit from having more than one medical opinion about their health. This approach also allows for more convenient and timely scheduling to better meet your needs.